July 1 2013 - Tax Increases for Northern Virginia

Sales Tax IncreaseNews You Can Use

Northern Virginia will see slightly higher taxes on several fronts as enacted by the 2013 General Assembly on April 3, 2013. 

Sales Tax Increases for Northern Virginia - Effective July 1, 2013 the Retail Sales and Use Tax will increase to 5.3% statewide.  Northern Virginia will see an additional increase of 0.7% to a total of 6%.  Other tax increases included in HB 2313 will impact vending machines and transient occupancy. 

The good news is the bill eliminates the per gallon tax for motor fuel, but replaces it with a percentage-based tax.  Read all the House Bill 2313 changes on the Virginia state web site.

Post a Comment

Blog Archives

Posts By Category

All Categories Alexandria Events and Entertainment (45) Buying a Home (90) Happenings (19) Holidays (2) Home Improvement (31) Local News (10) Main (46) Market Trends (13) Moving Guides (9) News You Can Use (7) Open Houses (3) Selling a Home (15) Tributes (1)

Posts By Month

Grab Our RSS Feed

Alexandria Communities