Top 8 Home Builders in Alexandria, VA: Design Your Dream Home
Home Builders in Alexandria, VA: Alexandria's Most Popular Home Builders Guide
Alexandria, VA, is a growing city of about 160,000 people located along the Potomac River, approximately seven miles from Washington, DC. The city's history dates back to 1669 when Robert Howsing received a patent for 6,000 acres of land and transported 120 people to settle there. The city was prominent during the Colonial era and was part of the tract George Washington had initially designated to be part of the District of Columbia. While Alexandria real estate includes several properties that date back to the Colonial eras, it also has many new construction homes for sale. Finding the right team is crucial for those who hope to design and build a dream home or renovate an existing one. Keep reading to learn about the Alexandria area's top eight custom home builders.
Winn Design + Build
Winn Design + Build is a team of architects, interior designers, and craftspeople that bring the remodeling process together under one roof. The firm specializes in renovations, remodels, and additions in some of the most expensive neighborhoods in Alexandria. Michael Winn founded the firm in 1996 and is its president. The company has been featured on HGTV, The Washington Post, Forbes Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, and the Washington Business Journal. The typical job ranges from $250,000 to $2 million.
The company's portfolio includes kitchen renovations, additions, exterior and interior renovations, and whole home renovations. Awards include the Best of Arlington in 2016, 2018, and 2020 and Best Remodeler in 2014, given by Arlington Magazine; the Chrysalis Award for the Southern Region for exteriors and historic renovations; the Guildmaster Award for 2018, 2019, and 2020; the Home and Design Award of Excellence in 2019, Best of Houzz Design Awards for 2012, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 and Best in Houzz Service Award for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Winn Design + Build Additional Information
- Year of Establishment: 1996
- Price Range: Typically $250,000 to $2 million
- Services Provided: Architectural Design, Remodeling, Floor Plans, Restoration, New Home Construction, Modular Home Additions, Project Management, Site Planning, Space Planning, and Sustainable Design
- Find Homes for Sale in Areas Served: Northern Virginia, including Alexandria, Falls Church real estate, and Arlington real estate
Asta Homes is a family-owned company that has been in business in Northern Virginia for 19 years and Karachi, Pakistan, for two decades before that. The company strives to achieve the buyer's vision as affordably as possible. Asta builds most of the homes are large, luxury homes selling for more than $1 million and include top new construction tech trends. Home & Design Magazine has featured the company.
The company's portfolio showcases a variety of home styles, including contemporary, traditional, transitional, Georgian, Craftsman, classical, and a French château. It won the Best of Houzz Service Award in 2021.
Asta Homes Additional Information
- Year of Establishment: 1992
- Price Range: Luxury homes more than $1 million
- Services Provided: Custom Home Building, Floor Plans, Energy-Efficient and Green Building, Multigenerational Homes, New Home Construction, Home Additions (limited to the size of the project)
- Find Homes for Sale in Areas Served: The Northern Virginia cities of Alexandria and Falls Church, along with Fairfax County real estate and Loudon County real estate
Cherry Hill Custom Homes
Meredith and Craig Hartsock founded Cherry Hill Custom Homes in 2003. The company provides both design and building services. They strive to bring attention to detail and create "thoughtfully designed homes." Meredith leads the design team, and Craig manages the construction team. The company also has an in-house architectural design team. They've completed more than 100 projects in the Northern Virginia area, including new construction homes, additions, and renovations. A typical job cost is $400,000 to $1 million.
The company's portfolio includes custom-built single-family homes in several styles, kitchen renovations, and additions. The company has received six Best of Houzz Services awards: one in each year for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018
Cherry Hill Custom Homes Additional Information
- Year of Establishment: 2003
- Price Range: Luxury homes
- Services Provided: Custom Home, Home Additions, Home Remodeling, House Plans, Multigenerational Homes, New Home Construction, Project Management
- Find Homes for Sale in Areas Served: The Northern Virginia cities of Falls Church and Alexandria, and counties of Fairfax and Loudoun
US Home Design Build
US Home Design Build provides design and building services under one roof. The company offers custom-built and designed homes and has several floor plans and models for new construction homes. It uses a four-step process of consult, design, build, and maintenance. The company also does remodel and additions projects. Prices range from $50,000 to more than $5 million.
The company offers redesigned floor plans for two Craftsmen models, three New American home models, and five modern home models. Its portfolio includes bathroom and kitchen remodeling projects, additions, and new construction homes. It has received the Best of Houzz Service Award in 2020 and is top-rated on Build-Zoom, Google, and Home Advisor. It has an A rating on Angie's list, as well.
US Home Design Build Additional Information
- Price Range: $50,000 to $5 million
- Services Provided: Custom Homes, Home Additions, Home Remodeling, New Home Construction
- Find Homes for Sale in Areas Served: Greater Washington, DC, including Alexandria, Falls Church, Arlington, Fairfax County, and Loudoun County
Marks-Woods Construction Services
Marks-Woods Construction Services is a full-service general contractor that offers design-and-build services under one roof. Byron Woods and Greg Marks founded Marks-Wood Construction Services in 2001 with a vision to provide expertise, an enjoyable customer experience, and a stunning result. The two men met while working for a premier national construction company.
The company has completed hundreds of projects. Its portfolio includes kitchen and bath remodeling, additions, and custom homes in several styles, including villas, estates, moderns, and Colonials. The company has won Angie's List Super Service Award from 2012 through 2018.
Marks-Woods Construction Services Additional Information
- Year of Establishment: 2001
- Services Provided: Architectural Design, Floor Plans, Remodeling, Energy-Efficient and Green Building, Additions, Custom Homes, Historic Building Conservation
- Find Homes for Sale in Areas Served: The Northern Virginia cities of Alexandria and Falls Church and the counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William County real estate
The Avenue Builders
The Avenue Builders are custom home builders who have extensive knowledge of the Alexandria area. They offer design, building, and general contractor services and stress regular customer communication. They specialize in energy-efficient renovations and construction.
Their portfolio includes additions, renovations, and new homes, including a net-zero home and a loft. The company has won the Contractor of the Year Award multiple times.
The Avenue Builders Additional Information
- Price Range: Up to more than $1 million
- Services Provided: Architectural Design, Custom Homes, Energy-Efficient Homes, Foundation Construction, Floor Plans, Historic Building Conservation, Home Additions, Home Restoration, Home Remodeling, New Home Construction, and Project Management
- Find Homes for Sale in Areas Served: Alexandria and Arlington
Classic Cottages has been in business for over a decade and has delivered more than 150 custom-built homes. It has fully integrated lot acquirers, architects, designers, builders, and marketers. Its top priority is to provide outstanding construction and customer service. The company typically builds houses of 4,500 to 8,000 square feet with five to seven bedrooms that sell for $1.5 million to more than $3 million. Construction typically requires about nine months from the permit phase through completion.
The builder has several models that can be customized, designed, and built from scratch. Some models have traditional exteriors, while others are more modern. Classic Cottages also has won several awards, including the Best of Houzz Design in 2020 and 2021 and Best of the Houzz Service in 2016 and 2018
Classic Cottages Additional Information
- Price Range: $1.5 million to more than $3 million
- Services Provided: Architectural Design, Floor Plans, New Home Construction, Custom Homes
- Find Homes for Sale in Areas Served: Cities of Arlington and Falls Church and counties of Arlington and Fairfax
Cyrus Construction builds new homes and additions and specializes in kitchen and bathroom remodeling and basement refinishing. It has completed many projects over its more than 20 years in business. It also provides architectural designs, including 3D designs on request and interior design services. Customization is one of Cyrus Construction's passions, and it offers choices from multiple manufacturers for customizing new homes.
For more than ten years, the company has won several rewards, including the Best of Houzz Service Award for 2020 and the Angie's List Super Service Award. Google customers give the company five stars.
Cyrus Construction Additional Information
- Price Range: Typical quote is for renovations and remodels from $20,000 to $150,000
- Services Provided: 3D Rendering and Architectural Design, Remodeling, Custom Building, New Home Construction, Floor Plans, Additions.
- Find Homes for Sale in Areas Served: The cities of Falls Church and Alexandria and counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Prince William, and Loudoun in Virginia, and Montgomery County in Maryland
Find the Right Team For Building a Home in Alexandria
Those who want to build a new construction home, renovate a historic townhome, or increase the square footage of a luxury home in Alexandria can choose from various quality builders. The builders can help design all types of new construction homes, provide customization choices from quality materials, and complete the construction of a traditional or modern home. Working within these builders can help anyone design their dream home in Alexandria's best neighborhoods.